“When a young person, even a gifted one, grows up without proximate living examples of what she may aspire to become–whether lawyer, scientist, artist, or leader in any realm–her goal remains abstract. Such models as appear in books or on the news, however inspiring or revered, are ultimately too remote to be real, let alone influential. But a role model in the flesh provides more than inspiration; his or her very existence is confirmation of possibilities one may have every reason to doubt, saying, ‘Yes, someone like me can do this.”
― Sonia Sotomayor
Mentorship has occurred since the beginning of human existence and culture. The survival of thought and inspiration are the key elements of a successful society and commerce between people. Mentorship is a simple formula: experienced and established professionals who educate, coach and facilitate a learning environment for the leaders of tomorrow.
Leaders have the ability to assist in key development initiatives, and as a result, help emerging talent to succeed in business. This is why access to an experienced network of leadership is so critical for emerging professionals. Mentors are essential tools for talent advancement and acquiring practical knowledge principals. Corporate mentorship programs are recognized as a valuable strategy for the attraction, development and retention of top talent.
Matrix360 has designed an exclusive process to facilitate the connection of likeminded professionals; built on collaboration and a commitment to the professional development of all participants.
Our programs consist of a learning environment that is educational and interactive, yet mindful of developing the talent pipeline for business success. Each program is customized, action-oriented and geared to addressing the development of three main audiences:
- Rising STARS Leadership Program: – This program is targeted to new professionals with less than two years of experience who are looking to gain one-on-one professional development from mid-level career leaders in the real estate and development industry through internal mentorship opportunities.
- STAR Leadership Program: – This program is targeted to mid-level career professionals who are seeking to gain one-on-one professional development from seasoned leadership in the real estate and development industry through internal mentorship opportunities.
- Trendsetter Executive Development Program: – This program is targeted to professionals at the executive or C-suite level who are interested in ongoing professional development to enhance their existing leadership skills. This program equips the senior leadership of organizations with the tools necessary to effectively lead their teams from a people development perspective; specifically tackling issues and challenges that occur within the Real Estate and Development industry. This continuous development is achieved through incorporating insight from market research, behavioural sciences and best practices.
Throughout the program, participants gain valuable insight into their personal and professional aspirations. We welcome participants from a wide range of disciplines who are strategically selected, screened and matched with suitable mentors who align with their career goals. Further, Matrix360 provides support to each participant as they move throughout each phase of the program. Mentees are responsible for providing monthly feedback reports to the Matrix team who continuously monitors the progress of each mentee-mentor relationship.
Mentorship programs are a business imperative, something that done correctly has the potential to shape the way businesses operate. They improve the performance of businesses in several ways; namely in the areas of service, cost, innovation and quality.
- 80% of learning takes place between
mentors and mentees. It is crucial for employees to absorb knowledge that is relevant. Also, mentorship is a
cost-effective way to share that knowledge and continue to build workplace culture and brand
- 75% of private sector executives agree that
mentoring was critical in their own career development. When you
create leaders through mentoring, you’re sharing a skill set between experienced individuals and new employees, investing in the future of your organization
- 77% of companies with mentoring programs say there is an
improvement with employee retention and performance
- 79% of millennials believe
“mentorship programs are crucial to their career success.” This is relevant because by 2025,
75% of the workforce will be millennials
- 81% of millennials with mentors report they’re happy with mentorship relationship; and 68% of them who intend to stay with their organization for more than 5 years have mentors, vs. 32% of those who do not. As a result, they’re twice as likely to stay with a company for more than 5 years
- 64% of high-potential
talent are dissatisfied from the lack of professional development supported by businesses
- 72% of talent are
retained because of mentorship as opposed to 49% of those without mentorship. In addition, mentors received promotions 6X more often than their peers
Matrix360’s mentorship programs are focused on five areas:
- Inspiration to Achieve: Build a network of top talent, that is focused on leadership and knowledge ownership that will inspire the leaders of tomorrow to aspire for future business and talent success
- Development of Talent: By increasing the exposure of talent through more direct access to leadership teams, leadership is established the essential guides for the talent pipeline
- Real Opportunity: Provide real opportunity to engage and develop internal talent and enhance succession planning strategies for business growth
- Success by Relationships: Create a partnership amongst the internal talent pipeline and management teams that facilitate and build success focused on leadership, learning, retention, innovation and business growth
- Sustainability of Business Innovation: An engaged talent pipeline allows the opportunity for creativity and focus to develop. Business strategies are aligned, developed and reframed to encourage thought leadership within a framework that is fixated on future business growth
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn”
― Benjamin Franklin